ACTIONS, REMINDERS & UPCOMING DEADLINES:
- CURRICULUM NIGHT — Tuesday, September 27, 6:30PM: Hear presentations by Mr. Chitty, members of the staff and the PTO, and visit the classrooms to hear an overview of the coming year from your student’s teacher.
6:30-7:10 Grades K-2 with teachers in classrooms
7:15-7:45 General Session in Auditorium: Principal and PTO Presidents
7:50-8:30 Grades 3-5 with teachers in classrooms
7:00-8:15 Specialists in the Gym
Also, it has been an unofficial school tradition for parents to gather at a local restaurant after curriculum night to connect with friends. While this is NOT a PTO-sponsored event we would like to carry on the tradition. This year parents will be gathering at The Local in West Newton. Hope to see you there.
- PRINCIPAL PARENT COFFEE: Please join Principal Chitty for coffee on Friday, September 30, at 8:35AM in the Art Room. A major topic will be the Responsive Classroom program, which we use as a key part of our social-emotional learning and culture-building at Peirce.
- SAVE THE DATE — PEIRCE ANNUAL BOOK FAIR: Mark your calendar for the Book Fair on Thursday October 20 & Friday October 21. More information in the coming weeks!
- PEIRCE 2016 MYSTERY DINNER: Please put Saturday, October 22, on your calendar for a CULINARY ROAD TRIP ACROSS AMERICA!Think New Orleans Gumbo, St. Louis Ribs, Maryland Crab Cakes or Texas Steak. We also need a family to host/co-host the dessert party as well as a number of families to host/co-host individual dinners. If you would like to volunteer or need more information before making a decision, please contact Rebecca Anderson email@example.com, Christina Sliwa firstname.lastname@example.org or Lauren Dictenberg email@example.com. The evening starts at 6PM. Tickets will be on sale in early October. Thank you!
- FLU CLINIC: The Flu vaccination clinic will be held at Peirce Elementary School on Friday, October 7, 2016. The following forms, in paper (not emailed or faxed) are due to the school nurse no later than Wednesday, October 5, 2016:
- Consent/Screening Form
- Student Vaccine Administration Record/Insurance Information Form
Forms are available online at http://www.newtonma.gov/civicax/filebank/documents/77654 or in the school nurse’ office. Students who are not signed up will not receive the vaccine. Information about the flu vaccine, including its risks and benefits, is described on the Vaccine Information Statement posted at www.newtonma.gov/flu. The school nurse also has information and can answer any questions. The CDC recommends the flu vaccine for everyone 6 months and older.
FYI…NO ACTION NEEDED:
- FIRST LONG DAYS FOR KINDERGARTENERS: The first long day for Group A Kindergartners will be Monday, September 26. The first long day for Group B Kindergartners will be Friday, September 30.
- EARLY RELEASE THURSDSAY, SEPTEMBER 29 AT 12:30PM: Please note that it is NOT noon, as was incorrectly posted in a couple of places.
- IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
- Tuesday 9/27 — Curriculum Night (6:30PM)
- Thursday 9/29 — Early Release (12:30PM)
- Friday 9/30 — Principal Parent Coffee (8:35AM)
- Monday 10/3 — No School (Rosh Hashanah)
- Friday 10/7 — Walk-to-School Day & Peirce Flu Clinic
- Monday 10/10 — No School (Columbus Day)
- Wednesday 10/12 — No School (Yom Kippur)