- WALK TO SCHOOL DAY TOMORROW: The Peirce community is an active participant in the National Safe Routes to School campaign designed to improve the health and well-being of children by encouraging them to walk and bicycle to school. November 3 will be the second monthly Walk/Bike to school days and is also. If you would like to meet up with other students tomorrow, Mr. Nye will be at the corner of Temple & Comm. Ave. at 8:10 Please contact Sarah Keller email@example.com or Tara Fitzgerald at Fitzgeraldclan@mac.com with questions.
- PEIRCE MYSTERY DINNER: HERITAGE–A TASTE OF THE PAST, A ROAD TO THE FUTURE!
Saturday, November 4,2017 6:00pm – Midnight.
Cocktails @ 6:00pm- Celebrate the vibrant Past of the Peirce community while enjoying cocktails, appetizers and live music from our very own Peirce parent and her band, The Isabel Stover Quartet at the Neighborhood Club: 24 Berkeley St. West Newton
Dinner @ 7:30 pm- Be Present for a festive dinner with new and old friends! Your mystery destination at the home of a Peirce family will be revealed during cocktails.
Dessert @ 9:30 pm. Everyone will meet back at a mystery location for sweets, after dinner drinks and dancing to toast the Future.
* Cocktail drinks sponsored by vinodivino *
- 5TH GRADE ELECTION DAY BAKE SALE!: The 5th Grade will be running a bake sale on election day, Tuesday, November 7, 7:00AM – 2:00PM, next to the auditorium entrance. Proceeds support 5th Grade year-end activities, including a class gift to Peirce. Please stop by the sale to support the 5th grade and to enjoy a treat!
- 4TH GRADE FAMILIES: The first Teacher Appreciation Breakfast this school year will be Tuesday, November 14 and will be provided by families with children in the 4th Grade. Please click on the Signup Genius link below for more details and to sign up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4baea928a6f58-tabreakfast9
FYI…NO ACTION NEEDED:
Race, Culture, Identity: In partnership with FORJ (Families Organizing for Racial Justice), the Newton Public Schools invite you to the second meeting of a new initiative for families interested in advancing discussions around race, culture, and identity in our schools. The next meeting is on Thursday, November 9th, 7:30-9pm at Angier Elementary School.
Everyone is welcome, even if you were not able to come to the first meeting in October. (Please see the attached document for more information on the project.) This meeting will offer parents and guardians an opportunity to meet with others from their children’s schools who want to work on strengthening our communities and increasing conversations about race and racism in our society. Please RSVP here: https://goo.gl/forms/iQ0blAVyoAKVxUAI2 If you have questions, please email Amy Behrens, the parent coach and diversity educator who is coordinating these efforts, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please select the following link for more information: Race, Culture, Identity Letter to Families.pdf
- IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
- Friday 11/3- Walk to School Day
- Saturday 11/4- Mystery Dinner
- Friday 11/17- PTO/Principal Coffee
- Wednesday 11/22 — Friendship Walk/Early Release (12:00PM)
- Thursday & Friday 11/23 & 11/24 — No School (Thanksgiving Recess)