Welcome to Peirce School! We are a dynamic community of learners working together to help all of our students grow as creative and compassionate citizens, effective communicators, and critical thinkers.
Our Core Values of “Patience, Equality, Inclusion, Responsibility, Cooperation, and Effort” remind us that our educational goal is not just the attainment of knowledge, skills, and concepts, but also the development of wisdom about how we can make the world a healthier and happier place for everyone.
Children at Peirce School (approximately 305 students in Grades K-5) enjoy a rigorous curriculum in the context of a nurturing school environment that builds on their strengths, supports them in areas of challenge, and emphasizes the joy of lifelong learning. In addition to Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, and Science, our curriculum also includes high-quality experiences with Music (General, Choral, and Instrumental), Health and Physical Education, Visual Art, Library/Research Skills, and Technology Integration.
We also join the other Newton schools in providing a rich social curriculum through such resources as Open Circle, Responsive Classroom, Steps to Respect, and the locally-based, widely-acclaimed Understanding Our Differences program.
PEIRCE CORE VALUES:
- Walk Don’t Run in hallways and classrooms.
- Don’t push or shove when walking in line; walk carefully.
- While in the hallways, please open and close your locker quietly so that you don’t disturb others.
- Wait patiently for your turn.
- Treat everyone as you would like to be treated.
- Be considerate with your words and actions. Pushing, hitting, kicking and fighting are not tolerated at our school. Name-calling, swearing, verbal and non-verbal bullying and threatening anyone are not tolerated.
- Racial, gender, and/or ethnic slurs are not tolerated at Peirce.
- You can’t say you can’t play! Everyone is to be included in games and activities.
- Arrive at school on time. Our school opens at 8:20 a.m.. Instruction begins at 8:25 a.m. Students arriving after 8:25 a.m. are tardy. Students must arrive no earlier than 8:20 a.m. unless they are part of the EDP morning program. There is no supervision provided before 8:20 a.m..
- Once you arrive, go to your locker, hang up your coat, and go directly to your classroom.
- Take care of your belongings. Don’t leave them in your locker or on the playground.
- Keep your locker clean.
- Take care of the Peirce School and the tools and materials that are in it.
- Follow adult directions and respond respectfully.
- No loud talking or yelling in the hallways or classrooms. This includes during lunchtime.
- Be considerate of others with your words and actions.
- Hold the door for others as you pass through it.
- Give your best effort in everything you do at school!
- Arrive on time to school. Be in your classroom on time.
- Follow the rules of the school.