ACTIONS, REMINDERS & UPCOMING DEADLINES:
- PLEASE HELP THE PTO REACH 100% PARTICIPATION IN THE ANNUAL APPEAL: Although this year’s Appeal is going well, we are still below 25% participation! Our goal is to have 100% of families make a contribution. No amount is too small and all contributions make a difference! To DONATE ONLINE NOW or to download the DONATION FORM, please go to http://peircepto.com/annual-appeal/ Donations by check may be placed in the box directly outside the front office. We are truly grateful for any amount contributed and appreciate being part of such a dedicated and generous school community.
- BIRTHDAY WISHES DONATIONS: Last Day for Donations is Tomorrow 2/2. The following is a list of items that Birthday Wishes is currently looking for: Birthday wrapping paper and tape, Cake mix, Frosting, Birthday party games, Birthday presents (unwrapped) for elementary age school children.Collection boxes are located at the front and back entrances. Please keep all donations unwrapped. If your gift needs batteries, please include. Any questions please contact Jennifer Bekarian (Jennifergb09@gmail.com) or Jennifer Bentley (Bentleyhouston@hotmail.com).
- TEACHER & STAFF APPRECIATION LUNCHEON- TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 13 The largest Teacher Appreciation event of this school year, is being held on Tuesday, February 13 and will be provided by families with children in every grade (K-5). Please sign up to bring food entrees, goodies and supplies at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4baea928a6f58-teacher7 . Please direct any questions to the TA Committee: Prachi Samudra at email@example.com, Jaime Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org, Jennifer Bekarian at email@example.com or Roshni Kutty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Why Money Matters” Fair- Volunteers Needed!: On Wednesday, March 28, Peirce will hold Why Money Matters, a parent-run Education Fair, in the gym. Parent Coordinators Puja Vohra and Star Lew are organizing this event and are searching for presenters. If you are a Peirce parent (we have some Mom volunteers but we also need some Dads) and work in the Finance or Banking field, we invite you to join our presentation team! If you can help or would like more information, please contact Puja Vohra (email@example.com) or Star Lew (firstname.lastname@example.org).
FYI…NO ACTION NEEDED:
- FORJ Meeting: – Families Organizing for Racial Justice – Thursday, February 8, 7:30pm-9:30pm at Angier Elementary School to learn what several Newton Public Schools are doing to bring their communities together while working to reduce racism and injustice on many levels. This is a great opportunity to get inspired and meet people across Newton who care about racial justice and want to develop their cultural competence. Please RSVP here: https://goo.gl/forms/B75q1Qyfsx5ZG4m93
- WEAR YOUR PATS COLORS FRIDAY!: No need to say more.
- IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
- Friday 2/2 — Walk to School Day
- Wednesday 2/7 — Early Release (12:30pm)
- Friday 2/9- Principal/PTO President Coffee (8:35am)
- Monday 2/19- Friday 2/23– No School (Vacation Week)