Dear Peirce Special Education families,
My name is Jess Champion, and I am the SEPAC liaison for Peirce. (SEPAC stands for Special Education Parent Advisory Council and is a group of parents who volunteer their time to support families and bring issues to administration as needed) We know that this has been a challenging time for many of our special education families. Our kids are disproportionately affected by the disruption and many will have a difficult transition when we return.
I would like to offer my personal support as your SEPAC liaison to hear about the challenges you are facing and to offer any supports I might know of. I also would love to hear your ideas and brainstorm with you as to what challenges you anticipate upon return and solutions you are thinking of.
I am available to you directly by email, [email protected], or by phone or text, 504.250.0061. I would like to offer to anyone who is interested to have a meetup for our families to talk, brainstorm and support one another in person as well.
Even if we go back tomorrow, we know you guys need support from one another, so we have scheduled a meetup for Thursday at 2pm. Link to details is here (rsvp not required but appreciated): Youre invited to Peirce SEPAC Meet-Up. Tap here to RSVP – Paperless Post Flyer
Dear families of students with disabilities,
The Newton Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) is reaching out to see how you are doing. We know this time is challenging for all families, but we know first hand how hard it is for students with additional needs. How can we help, parent-to-parent, family-to-family? To start, please connect with our community by signing up for our listserv. This is a place where parents of students with disabilities share thoughts and supports with one another, and where information is provided about meetings and updates that are important to our community. You can also email us directly at [email protected] with any concerns, ideas, or other thoughts you have right now. We hope to hear from you so we can work together to share resources, understanding, and support with one another.
Annette, Eliza, Jenny, Julie, Claudia, and Doreen
2023-2024 Newton SEPAC Board
- Spanish: Si necesita traducir este documento, utilice https://translate.google.com/?hl=en
- Portuguese: Se você precisa deste documento traduzido, por favor use https://translate.google.com/?hl=en
- Chinese: 如果您需要翻译此文档，请使用https://translate.google.com/?hl=en
- Japanese: このドキュメントを翻訳する必要がある場合は、使用してください https://translate.google.com/?hl=e
- https://translate.google.com/?hl=en : ذا كنت بحاجة إلى ترجمة هذه الوثيقة ، فيرجى استخدام: :Arabic
- Persian: اگر نیاز به ترجمه این سند دارید، لطفا از:https://translate.google.com/?hl=en
- Korean: 이 문서의 번역이 필요한 경우 다음을 사용하십시오. https://translate.google.com/?hl=en