HALLOWEEN COSTUMES/DRESS-UP CLOTHES: Do you have new or gently-used Halloween costumes/dress-up clothes that no longer fit your kids? Social Action and Student Council will be collecting these items for the girls and boys of The Second Step through October 20. It’s a great opportunity to make some children very happy this Halloween. Collection boxes are inside both entrances of the school. Click here for the list of special requests that kids are looking for: Requested Costumes
PEIRCE MYSTERY DINNER: HERITAGE–A TASTE OF THE PAST, A ROAD TO THE FUTURE!
Saturday, November 4,2017 6:00pm – Midnight. Cocktails @ 6:00pm- Celebrate the vibrant Past of the Peirce community while enjoying cocktails, appetizers and live music at the Neighborhood Club: 24 Berkeley St. West Newton Dinner @ 7:30 pm- Be Present for a festive dinner with new and old friends! Your mystery destination at the home of a Peirce family will be revealed during cocktails. Dessert @ 9:30 pm. Everyone will meet back at a mystery location for sweets, after dinner drinks and dancing to toast the Future. Sign-up & donate online by October 27th: https://peircepto.com/mystery-dinner/ Or drop this form Mystery Dinner Paper Form and a check made payable to “Peirce PTO” in the collection box on the table across from the Peirce Main Office.
We are still in need of a Dessert Venue/Hosts and Dinner Hosts! To volunteer or ask questions please contact: Renata Butterfield [email protected], Lauren Dictenberg [email protected], Noreen Martin Herzog [email protected], Prachi Samudra [email protected]
BOX TOPS: Want to help Peirce students and Mr. Nye without spending any time or money? Clip box tops, bring them to school and drop them in the box either at the front door or back door. Mr. Nye gets money toward new gym equipment for every box top collected! Mr. Nye will collect them all year, but our first submission is at the end of October! IT’S AN EASY WAY TO CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR CHILDREN’S HEALTH AND FITNESS!
FYI…NO ACTION NEEDED:
- Book Fair: We would like to thank the Book Fair Committee, Patricia White, Cindy Chew, Jaime Mason, Kelly Salem and Jennifer Bekarian for all of their hard work for preparing for the Book Fair. We would also like to thank the many volunteers that helped thoughout the past couple days to make the Book Fair such a great experience for the children.
- IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
- Thursday 11/2-Early Release
- Friday 11/3- Walk to School Day
- Saturday 11/4- Mystery Dinner
- Friday 11/17- PTO/Principal Coffee