Dear Peirce Families,
It is hard to believe that we are already beginning our fourth week of the school year with many routines firmly established and many initial anxieties about the year relieved as students have become comfortable with their new classrooms. It was wonderful to see many of you at our Back-to-School Picnic on the 13th. Many Thanks to Maggie DeMont, Missy Manis, Holly Umina, and Danielle Williams for all of their hard work to plan this enjoyable community event! Our next community gathering will be tomorrow (9/24) at Curriculum Night. In addition to sessions in individual classrooms, PTO Tri-Presidents Jennifer Bekarian, Valerie Davisson, Elsa Janairo, and I will hold a general session in the auditorium to give a general overview of life at Peirce School and ways in which all of you can get involved to make this an outstanding learning community. Please see the evening’s schedule below and note that this event is for adults only. If you are unable to join us on Curriculum Night or would like to preview some of the information that will be available that evening, please see the Newton Public Schools’ Curriculum page at: https://www.newton.k12.ma.us/Page/770.
Curriculum Night Schedule (Tuesday, September 24th):
6:30-7:10 Grades 3-5 with teachers in classrooms
7:15-7:45 General Session in Auditorium: Principal and PTO Presidents
7:50-8:30 Grades K-2 with teachers in classrooms
7:00-8:15 Specialists in Gym
Upcoming Dates and Important Information:
- This Thursday, September 26th, is our first Early Release Date, which means all children are dismissed at 12:30. The afternoon is held for professional development for the staff, and we will be learning about revised Safety and Security Protocols this month. Future Early Release Dates will be: October 30th, December 4th, February 6th, March 19th, and May 7th.
- Monday, September 30th is Rosh Hashanah. There is No School.
- Our first Walk to School Day is Friday, October 4th.
- Wednesday, October 9th, is Yom Kippur. There is No School.
- Monday, October 14th, is Columbus Day. There is No School.
- Our School Book Fair is on Wednesday, October 23rd and Thursday, October 24th.
School Council Members Needed! The Peirce School Council meets five times during the year to advise the principal on matters concerning school culture, instructional and curricular programs, and how budgetary resources are used. This group is also responsible for shaping the School Improvement Plan that is required for all schools under state law. If you are interested in serving in this vital role, please let me know.
Concert Date: The Fifth Grade Choral and Instrumental Concert will be held on Wednesday, January 22nd, 10:00 a.m. for students and staff and 7:00 p.m. for families.
Peirce Mystery Dinner: Saturday, November 2, 2019, 6:00 p.m. We hope you can join us for this annual, community-building event that is always a night of fun, great food, and meeting new friends! Tickets will go on sale in two weeks. For more information, please contact Erica Chamberlain at email@example.com, Suzanne Demeo at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Robin Stuart at email@example.com.
It is a privilege and pleasure to serve as your principal, and I hope that you always feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617)559-9630 with any questions, thoughts, or concerns.
With best wishes,