ACTIONS, REMINDERS & UPCOMING DEADLINES:
- PRINCIPAL/PTO PARENT COFFEE: Please join us for our final Parent Coffee tomorrow, Friday, May 10th, 8:30-9:30 a.m. in the Art Room. Third Grade Teachers will join us to talk about our new Math Curriculum.
- TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK IS MAY 6-10! If you want to do something special for your child’s teacher or other staff this year, consider the Newton Schools Foundation’s Honor Thy Teacher program. Make a donation to the foundation in the name of one or more teachers. Notifications will be sent to each teacher honored, as well as to Principals and the Superintendent. Their names will appear in a special announcement on the Newton School Foundation’s website and in the Newton TAB. Your tax-deductible donation will support NSF-funded projects encompassing: art; civics; math; music; science; social and cultural studies; literature and writing instruction; and social-emotional learning.
Flyers have been sent home. Visit our website to donate online (www.newtonschoolsfoundation.org/honor-thy-teacher) and to find out more about the programs NSF funds (http://www.newtonschoolsfoundation.org/programs-we-fund).
- LAST CALL FOR ANNUAL APPEAL! Deadline is next Friday, May 17th.
BIG THANK YOU to those of you who have given during this year’s Appeal! We have reached 78% of our goal with 33% of our families contributing so far. We would love to get to 100%!! No amount is too small and all contributions make a difference! All funds will stay in the Peirce PTO.
To DONATE ONLINE NOW or to download the DONATION FORM, please go to https://peircepto.com/ annual-appeal/ Donations by check may be placed in the box directly outside the front office. We are truly grateful for any amount contributed and appreciate being part of such a dedicated and generous school community.
OurPTO is operated and funded solely through the support of current Peirce families. Although we all contribute to the school indirectly through our taxes, that money does not go toward programs such as Creative Arts & Sciences, events like the Back-to-School Picnic, and much of the technology we need to provide our students (to name just a few examples).
Every student benefits from the money raised!
Thank you so much in advance for your help in this final push!
Prachi Samudra (Fundraising Chair), Alex Ozerkis, Rebecca Anderson & Jenn Bekarian (Tri-Presidents)
- PEIRCE DIRECTORY COVER CONTEST: The 2019 -20120 Directory Cover Contest flyers will be going home this week. Please carefully read the instructions and have the art work delivered to their teachers by Friday, May 17th. If there are any question please contact Renata Zaniratto at 617-312-5637 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Peirce Community Building Project of “Paw City”: For the Community Building Project, Ms Smith still needs 30 tea, butter or pint size cream boxes (or that general size). We are also running out of hot glue sticks soon, so both mini or regular size would be appreciated. This is all going to come together with a family event the night of Wednesday, June 5th.
Ms Smith needs helpers for fourth and fifth grade classes. Any parent can sign up for any of the classes that still need volunteers. Please use the link below:
- Any questions -please contact: Georgia Smith Georgia_smith@newton.k12.ma.us, Star Lew email@example.com , Puja Vohra firstname.lastname@example.org
- COLOR DAY: Tuesday, June 4th from 9:00-12:00.( Rain Date is June 11th). Volunteers needed to help run the activities. No experience necessary. Sign up sheets will be posted in the Peirce School front foyer beginning Monday, May 13th.
- Please see Mr. Nye with any questions.
- SPRING CONCERT DATES[Note Date Change!]: Please mark your calendars for the Fourth and Fifth Grade Band/Strings/Chorus Spring Concerts. The Fourth Grade concert will be held on May 23rd. The Fifth Grade concert will be held on May 30th. There will be 10:00 a.m. (for students and staff only) and 7:00 p.m. (for families) performances.
- IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- 5/10/2019 PTO/ Principal Coffee (topic is 3rd grade math curriculum) @ 8:30 AM
- 5/14/2019 Teacher Appreciation Breakfast sponsored by the Kdg class
- 5/27/2019 Memorial Day
- 5/29/2019 Mom’s Night out
- 6/4/2019 Color Day 9AM – 12Noon
- 6/5/2019 “Paw City” Event
- 6/14/2019 Peirce Family Dance
- MCAS Dates:
- Grade 3- 5/14 and 5/15
- Grade 4- 5/20 and 5/21
- Grade 5- 5/16 and 5/17
- Grade 5- 5/22 and 5/23
Have any questions?
Reach out to the Peirce PTO Tri-Presidents anytime at: