ACTIONS, REMINDERS & UPCOMING DEADLINES:
- PEIRCE BOOK FAIR OCTOBER 24-25:
Wednesday, October 24th, 8am – 8pm
Family Pizza Night: October 24th, 5pm-7pm
Thursday, October 25th, 8am – 4pm
- Students get excited for this annual event that fosters their love for reading and supports the educational programs and technology at Peirce. This year’s Book Fair will have a wonderful assortment of children’s literature available for your home and your child’s classroom. Your child can personally donate a book to their classroom by selecting a book from their teacher’s wish bin. Books will range in price from $4.99-$25.00. On Wednesday’s Family Night, there will be pizza and dessert for sale as well as a free raffle to win a book (come for the books, stay for dinner!)
- Volunteers needed! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d4eafa82ca2fe3-peirce1
- If you have any questions, please contact a Book Fair team member: Cindy Chew (firstname.lastname@example.org), Jaime Mason (email@example.com), Ayse Ayanoglu (firstname.lastname@example.org), Patricia White (Patricia_h_white@yahoo.com) or Kelly Salem (email@example.com)
- MOM’S NIGHT OUT IS TONIGHT, OCTOBER 18 @ 7PM. Join Peirce mom’s at the home of Jess Black, 29 Forest Avenue. It is a great way to meet new parents and reconnect with old friends. Light appetizers and beverages will be served. Any questions? Email Aimee Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Christina Sliwa (email@example.com)
- SOCIAL ACTION: BIRTHDAY WISHES DONATIONS: Ending this Friday, October 19!!
- The Birthday Wishes Drive is ending this Friday. Thank you to all who have already donated!! If you haven’t had a chance and would still like to, please get your donation in by the end of this week.
- Any questions, please contact Charlotte Stafford (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jennifer Bentley (Bentleyhouston@hotmail.com).
- 5th Grade Pumpkin Raffle – Next week, the 5th Grade will be selling raffle tickets for a chance to win a beautifully decorated pumpkin at both the front and back doors before and after school.
- Tickets are $1 each/ 6 for $5 and will be sold from Monday, October 22 -to Friday morning, October 26.
- Several winners will be drawn this year during the school day on Friday. Proceeds support 5th Grade year end activities including a gift they leave for Peirce.
- Any questions please contact Nicole Pachus at email@example.com.
- PEIRCE FORJ COMMITTEE (Families Organizing Racial Justice): FORJ is looking for volunteers who are interested in helping to organize a Multicultural Night event for Peirce families, a Diversity Night workshop, and various projects to celebrate the diversity of our vibrant school community. Please contact Elsa Janairo at Elsa.Janairo@gmail.com if you are interested in getting involved.
- BUY YOUR PEIRCE MYSTERY DINNER TICKETS TODAY! We hope you can join us for this annual, community-building event that is always a fun adult night out. Saturday, November 3. Cocktails begin at 6PM.
- To RSVP (purchase tickets/donate) on-line: https://peircepto.com/mystery-dinner or with the form sent home in your children’s folder. Forms may be dropped off with check payable to Peirce PTO in the drop box across from the school’s main office.
- Please let us know if you are interested in opening your home for a dinner for 8 -12 or have any questions by contacting Tara Fitzgerald (firstname.lastname@example.org), Erica Chamberlain (Erica.email@example.com) or Renata Butterfield (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you!
- *All cocktails generously provided by Vinodivino.
- NEWTON FAMILY CONFERENCE: The Newton Public School District invites you to the 2018 Newton Family Conference on Saturday, December 1st from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. at Newton North High School. The goal is to build relationships between families of color and white families within the district; advance dialogue around issues of race, culture, and identity; and create opportunities for families within NPS to meet each other.
- There will be workshops on “Courageous Conversations About Race” facilitated by NPS trained facilitators and sessions that will provide parents with ideas and strategies for talking to their children about race. This conference is one way in which the Newton Public School District is seeking to create culturally responsive school communities with equity and excellence for all, and to make our Newton school community welcoming and inclusive to all students and families.
- Please RSVP at: https://2018familyconference.eventbrite.com. Workshop online selection forms will be emailed by November 5th to those that RSVP.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- 10/18 Mom’s Night Out
- 10/19 School Wide Concert by Voci Angelica Trio
- 10/24-10/25 Book Fair (Pizza Night evening of the 24th)
- 11/1 Early Release Day @ 12:30
- 11/2 Walk to School Day
- 11/13 Teacher Appreciation Breakfast (4th Grade – details coming)
- 11/16 Principal Coffee
- 11/21 School Dismissal @ 12:00 PM
- 11/22&23 Thanksgiving BREAK