ACTIONS, REMINDERS & UPCOMING DEADLINES:
- CURRICULUM NIGHT — Tuesday, September 26, 6:30PM: We hope to see everyone at this year’s Curriculum Night. Come hear presentations by Mr. Chitty, members of the staff and the PTO, and visit the classrooms to hear an overview of the coming year from your student’s teacher.
6:30-7:10 Grades 3-5 with teachers in classrooms
7:15-7:45 General Session in Auditorium: Principal and PTO Presidents
7:50-8:30 Grades K-2 with teachers in classrooms
7:00-8:15 Specialists in the Gym
- PRINCIPAL PARENT COFFEE: Please join Principal Chitty and the PTO Presidents for coffee on Friday, September 29 , at 8:30AM in the Art Room.
- PEIRCE MOM’S NIGHT OUT: Thursday, 10/5, 7:00pm-10:00pm Mark your calendar now and save the date. The event will take place at the home of Aimee Anderson at 319 Highland Ave. It is a great way to meet new friends and reconnect with old friends. Suggested donation of $10 to be paid at the door. Light appetizers and beverages will be served. Any Questions? Contact Aimee Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org Christina Sliwa at email@example.com. Hope to see you there!
- FLU CLINIC: The Flu vaccination clinic will be held at Peirce Elementary School on Friday, October 6, 2017. The following forms, in paper (not emailed or faxed) are due to the school nurse no later than Wednesday, October 4, 2017:
- Consent/Screening Form
- Student Vaccine Administration Record/Insurance Information Form
Forms are available online at Flu Vaccine 2017 Student Forms.pdf or in the school nurse’ office. Students who are not signed up will not receive the vaccine. Information about the flu vaccine, including its risks and benefits, is described on the Vaccine Information Statement posted at www.newtonma.gov/flu. The school nurse also has information and can answer any questions. The CDC recommends the flu vaccine for everyone 6 months and older.
- SAVE THE DATE — PEIRCE ANNUAL BOOK FAIR: Mark your calendar for the Book Fair on Wednesday October 18 & Thursday October 19. More information in the coming weeks!
- SAVE THE DATE — PEIRCE MYSTERY DINNER: Please put Saturday, November 4, on your calendar! We hope you can join us for this annual community-building event that is always a fun adult night out. Cocktails begin at 6PM — more information to follow! We are in need of a family to host the dessert party as well as a number of families to host individual dinners. Please contact us if you are interested or have questions. Thank you! Lauren Dictenberg firstname.lastname@example.org, Renata Butterfield email@example.com, Noreen Martin Herzog firstname.lastname@example.org, and Prachi Samudra email@example.com.
FYI…NO ACTION NEEDED:
- FIRST LONG DAYS FOR KINDERGARTENERS: The first long day for Group A Kindergartners will be Monday, October 2. The first long day for Group B Kindergartners will be Thursday, September 28.
- CONCERT DATES: Please mark your calendars for the 4th & 5th Grade Band/Strings/Chorus Concerts. The dates are: 4th & 5th Grade January 23 (snow date 1/30)and 4th Grade 5/22 & 5th Grade 5/29 (Please note Spring Dates changed) There will be 10AM (for students and staff only) and 7PM (for families) performances on both dates.
- IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
- Tuesday 9/26 — Curriculum Night (6:30PM)
- Friday 9/29 — Principal/ PTO President Coffee (8:30AM)
- Thursday 10/5-Mom’s Night Out
- Friday 10/6- Walk to School Day & Peirce Flu Clinic
- Monday 10/9 — No School (Columbus Day)
- Wednesday & Thursday 10/18 & 10/19- Book Fair