ACTIONS, REMINDERS & UPCOMING DEADLINES:
- ANNUAL PEIRCE BACK-TO-SCHOOL FAMILY PICNIC: Wednesday, September 13, 5:30-7:00PM (no rain date). Sweet Tomatoes Pizza will be available for purchase (cash sales only so please plan accordingly). In addition, Kona Ice Sno Cones, Water, Glow Sticks and Peirce Merchandise will also be available for purchase. Don’t forget to pack your picnic blanket and come out and support the PTO! We’re also looking for volunteers. It’s a great way to get involved in our first event of the year. If interested, please sign up here http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f48afa82ba7f94-peirce Questions please contact Grace Niwa (774) 284-3361, Allison Kessler (617) 216-9368, Chris Hahm (617) 838-3260 and Jacquelyn Taylor (734) 546-8115.
- CURRICULUM NIGHT — Tuesday, September 26, 6:30PM: We hope to see everyone at this year’s Curriculum Night. Come hear presentations by Mr. Chitty, members of the staff and the PTO, and visit the classrooms to hear an overview of the coming year from your student’s teacher.
6:30-7:10 Grades 3-5 with teachers in classrooms
7:15-7:45 General Session in Auditorium: Principal and PTO Presidents
7:50-8:30 Grades K-2 with teachers in classrooms
7:00-8:15 Specialists in the Gym
- SAVE THE DATE — PEIRCE ANNUAL BOOK FAIR: Mark your calendar for the Book Fair on Wednesday October 18 & Thursday October 19. More information in the coming weeks!
- SAVE THE DATE — PEIRCE MYSTERY DINNER: Please put Saturday, November 4, on your calendar! We hope you can join us for this annual community-building event that is always a fun adult night out. Cocktails begin at 6PM — more information to follow! We are in need of a family to host the dessert party as well as a number of families to host individual dinners. Please contact us if you are interested or have questions. Thank you! Lauren Dictenberg email@example.com, Renata Butterfield firstname.lastname@example.org and Noreen Martin Herzog email@example.com.
- OPEN VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: Would you like to become more involved at Peirce? Whatever your availability and skills, the Peirce PTO has an opportunity for you!
Currently the open positions are as follows:
Safety and Safe Walks to School- Promote and coordinate monthly walk to school days. Light commitment on a monthly basis.
Gardening & Grounds Committee Members and Co-Chair – Work together to help with school gardening and Newton Serves. Moderate year-round commitment.
Spring Education Fair Coordinators- Work with Mr. Chitty to plan Spring Education Fair (e.g., STEM Fair, Arts Fair, etc.). Recruit parent volunteers to give presentations at Fair. Organize and oversee details and running of Fair.
Creative Arts & Sciences Co-Chair in Training
Will shadow & work with current Chairs in preparation for taking on Chair role in Fall 2018. Includes attending citywide meetings to evaluate new CAS programs, attending PTO meetings, filling in for grade level coordinators when needed.
Please email the PTO Presidents at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in any of these positions.
- PEIRCE ROOM PARENT SIGN-UP: If you are interested in being a Room Parent for your student’s class this year, please click on the SignUpGenius link below for more information and to sign up. We are limited to 3 Room Parents per classroom. If you have any questions, please contact the PTO Room Parent Coordinator, Lauren Dictenberg email@example.com.
SignUpGenius link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4baea928a6f58-peirce6
FYI…NO ACTION NEEDED:
- PTO WEEKLY EMAILS: Be sure to keep an eye out for the PTO’s “Important Weekly Reminders and Information” emails, which go out each Thursday.
- IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
- Wednesday 9/27 — Early Release (12:30PM)
- Friday 9/29 — Principal/ PTO Coffee (8:30AM)
- Thursday 9/21 — No School (Rosh Hashanah)
Have any questions?
Reach out to the Peirce PTO Tri-Presidents anytime at: