There are rumors of a potential for an educator strike on Friday, January 19. Teachers are voting on Thursday whether or not to move forward with this action. Should they vote yes, then that would mean no school for our children on Friday and an additional day of school in June.
We would like to inform the Peirce Community about two important events involving the state of Teacher Contract Negotiations as well as an opportunity to join a parent rally in support of your teachers.
Tonight, 7-9pm, State of NTA Negotiations Q&A
Superintendent Anna Nolin and School Committee Chair Chris Brezski will be holding a Q&A this evening, Tuesday, January 17 from 7- 9pm to answer questions surrounding the state of Teacher Contract Negotiations and the possibility of a teacher strike.
The meeting will be broadcast live and recorded by NewTV. This will be the best avenue for people to watch the meeting who will not be attending in-person. Please note that attending in-person was by invite only due to size restraints of the venue.
For those who would like to ask a question live, there will be a concurrent zoom, available via this link:
Note that the Zoom is just to connect people to ask questions, and NewTV will be a much better format for viewing.
Parent Rally, Tomorrow, January 17, 9 – 9:30 am
There is a parent rally Wednesday, January 17 from 9-9:30 am at City Hall, organized by Angier’s PTO. Parents and guardians are encouraged to wear blue and bring signs. The goal of the rally is to convey to Mayor Fuller the importance of fully funding Newton Public Schools.
Additional resources where you can find more information:
- Here are the contract priorities for the Newton Teachers Association (NTA).
- Here is the educator salary comparison chart presented by the superintendent which benchmarks Newton and other towns.
- Superintendent Nolin’s Entry Plan
- Parent-Educator Collaborative presentation on 1/9/24
- Fig City News article on a 1/14/24 community meeting between parents and city officials
- Spanish: Si necesita traducir este documento, utilice https://translate.google.com/?hl=en
- Portuguese: Se você precisa deste documento traduzido, por favor use https://translate.google.com/?hl=en
- Chinese: 如果您需要翻译此文档，请使用https://translate.google.com/?hl=en
- Japanese: このドキュメントを翻訳する必要がある場合は、使用してください https://translate.google.com/?hl=e
- https://translate.google.com/?hl=en : ذا كنت بحاجة إلى ترجمة هذه الوثيقة ، فيرجى استخدام: :Arabic
- Persian: اگر نیاز به ترجمه این سند دارید، لطفا از:https://translate.google.com/?hl=en
- Korean: 이 문서의 번역이 필요한 경우 다음을 사용하십시오. https://translate.google.com/?hl=en