ACTIONS, REMINDERS & UPCOMING DEADLINES:
- SOCIAL ACTION: BIRTHDAY WISHES DONATIONS: Monday, October 8 – Friday, October 19 Do you know any children who cannot afford to have a birthday party and are homeless? Birthdaywishes.org brings birthday parties to over 26,000 homeless children each year. Founded in 2002 and based in Newton Centre, MA, Birthday Wishes was created by three friends doing a simple act of kindness. The Peirce PTO Social Action Committee is kicking off a drive to support this organization. The following is a list of unused, unwrapped items that Birthday Wishes has high demand for:
– Footballs, Basketballs and Soccer balls
-Sport Water Bottles
They are also in need of:
-Puzzles for Young Children (ages 1-3)
-Journals or Notebooks
-Waterproof Shower Bags with Pockets or Shower Caddies
-Packs of AA Batteries
–Birthday wrapping paper and tape, Cake mix, Frosting, Birthday party games
– Presents for children ages 1-17
- Birthday Wishes can not accept the following items: Used Items, Clothing, Stuffed Animals, Pinatas, Candy, Violent toys, (knives or guns), Religious Items, Birthday Cards & Invitations, Electronics, Computer Games, DVDs, Room Decorations, Furniture, Confetti, Gift Cards, Ride on Toys.
- Please help us support this wonderful organization and help these children have something to open or play with, at a birthday party. Collection boxes will be placed at the front and back entrances. Please keep all donations unwrapped.
- Any questions, please contact Charlotte Stafford (email@example.com) or Jennifer Bentley (Bentleyhouston@hotmail.com).
- INTERNATIONAL WALK TO SCHOOL DAY, Friday, October 5, 2018: The Peirce community is an active participant in the National Safe Routes to School campaign designed to improve the health and well-being of children by encouraging them to walk and bicycle to school. This Friday, October 5th, will be the first of our monthly Walk/Bike to School days and is also International Walk to School Day.
- To help us celebrate similar efforts around the world, we ask families to create a flag of your family heritage to carry with you on your walk and bring it into your classroom (please note change from previous years) to share. The template has been sent home in your child’s folder.
- If you’d like to meet up with other students along the way, you can meet Mr Nye on the corner of Temple and Commonwealth.
- Other Walk to School dates are as follows: November 2, December 7, January 4, February 1, March 1, April 5, May 3, and June 7.
- If you have any questions please contact Sarah Keller (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tara Fitzgerald (email@example.com).
PEIRCE BOOK FAIR OCTOBER 24-25:
Wednesday, October 24th, 8am – 8pm
Family Pizza Night: October 24th, 5pm-7pm
Thursday, October 25th, 8am – 4pm
- Students get excited for this annual event that fosters their love for reading and supports the educational programs and technology at Peirce. This year’s Book Fair will have a wonderful assortment of children’s literature available for your home and your child’s classroom. Your child can personally donate a book to their classroom by selecting a book from their teacher’s wish bin. Books will range in price from $4.99-$25.00. On Wednesday’s Family Night, there will be pizza and dessert for sale as well as a free raffle to win a book (come for the books, stay for dinner!)
- Volunteers are needed. Please sign up!! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d4eafa82ca2fe3-peirce1
- If you have any questions, please contact a Book Fair team member: Cindy Chew (firstname.lastname@example.org), Jaime Mason (email@example.com), Ayse Ayanoglu (firstname.lastname@example.org), Patricia White (Patricia_h_white@yahoo.com) or Kelly Salem (email@example.com)
- PEIRCE MYSTERY DINNER TICKETS NOW ON SALE: Saturday, November 3. We hope you can join us for this annual, community-building event that is always a fun adult night out. Cocktails begin at 6PM.
- To RSVP (purchase tickets/donate) on-line: https://peircepto.com/mystery-dinner or with the form sent home in your children’s folder. Forms may be dropped off with check payable to Peirce PTO in the drop box across from the school’s main office.
- Please let us know if you are interested in opening your home for a dinner for 8 -12 or have any questions by contacting Tara Fitzgerald (firstname.lastname@example.org), Erica Chamberlain (Erica.email@example.com) or Renata Butterfield (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you!
- SYNC THE PEIRCE CALENDAR: A reminder you have the ability to sync the Peirce calendar to Google or Outlook. Go to https://peircepto.com/peirce-calendar/
- ABSENCES: If your child will be absent from school for any reason, please call the Student Absence Line at 617-559-9650 before 8:00 AM.
- IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- 10/5 Flu Clinic
- 10/5 First Walk to School Day
- 10/8 No School (Columbus Day)
- 10/18 Mom’s Night Out
- 10/24-10/25 Book Fair (Pizza Night evening of the 24th)
- 11/2 Walk to School Day