ACTIONS, REMINDERS & UPCOMING DEADLINES:
- CURRICULUM NIGHT: A BIG thank you to all who were able to attend curriculum night this past Tuesday. If you were unable to attend and have questions, please see the Newton Public Schools’ Curriculum page at: https://www.newton.k12.ma.us/Page/770.
- SYNC THE PEIRCE CALENDAR: A reminder you have the ability to sync the Peirce calendar to Google or Outlook. Go to https://peircepto.com/peirce-calendar/
- OPEN VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: There are still some open positions if you’d like to get involved at Peirce! Please check our Sign Up Genius for the remaining open positions if you are interested. Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4BAEA928A6F58-peirce7
- Please email the PTO Presidents at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- SCHOOL DIRECTORY: The school directory has been completed and printed. There is also an online directory. Parents that have accessed it before should be able to access it using their emails as username and their old passwords. An email with a temporary password was sent to all new parents. If you haven’t received, please check your spam and trash folders. The website is https://www.myschoolanywhere.com
- In case you have any questions or need a new password, please feel free to send an email to Renata Butterfield at email@example.com
- FLU CLINIC:
The Peirce Elementary School clinic will be on October 5, 2018. Each student to be vaccinated must have a parent/guardian complete two forms which are due October 3, 2018.
1 Consent/Screening form
2 Vaccine administration record/Insurance form.
Forms may be downloaded at www.newtonma.gov/flu. You may electronically complete the form, print, sign and return. Forms are due to the School Nurse by October 3, 2018.
2018 Flu Student Packet – English.pdf
Only the flu shot (no nasal spray) will be offered at school this year. The Vaccine Information Statement about the flu shot, and additional information for families, including tips on preparing kids for a shot, is available at www.newtonma.gov/flu or in the school nurse’s office. There is no cost to receive the vaccine, but insurance information is requested. All students, regardless of insurance status, are invited to receive the vaccine with parent permission.
Students are not required to receive flu vaccine. However the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends flu vaccine for all people ages 6 months and up. There are many places to get a flu vaccine including at school, your primary health care provider or community clinics. For additional clinic dates for the whole family, visit www.newtonma.gov/flu.
- ABSENCES: If your child will be absent from school for any reason, please call the Student Absence Line at 617-559-9650 before 8:00 AM. Also, please be sure that your teachers have accurate information about dismissal routines for your child.
- SOCIAL ACTION: The BIRTHDAY WISHES Drive will be kicking off on October 8th. More details will be out next week!
- SAVE THE DATE — PEIRCE ANNUAL BOOK FAIR: Mark your calendar for the Book Fair on Wednesday October 24 & Thursday October 25. More information in the coming weeks!
- SAVE THE DATE — PEIRCE MYSTERY DINNER: Please put Saturday, November 3, on your calendar! We hope you can join us for this annual, community-building event that is always a fun adult night out. Cocktails begin at 6PM — more information and ticket sales to follow. We have started recruiting for dinner hosts. Please let us know if you are interested in opening your home for a dinner for 8 – 12 or have any questions by contacting Tara Fitzgerald (firstname.lastname@example.org), Erica Chamberlain (Erica.email@example.com) or Renata Butterfield (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you!
- IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- 9/28 Principal Coffee @8:30
- 10/1 First full day Kindergarten Group A
- 10/4 First full day Kindergarten Group B
- 10/5 Flu Clinic
- 10/5 First Walk to School Day
- 10/8 No School (Columbus Day)
- 10/18 Mom’s Night Out
Have any questions?
Reach out to the Peirce PTO Tri-Presidents anytime at: