Dear Peirce Families,
We’re writing to ask for your support of the 2022-23 Annual Appeal for Donations to the Peirce Parent/Caregiver & Teacher Organization (PTO).
Every parent or caregiver of a Peirce student is automatically a member of the PTO and benefits from its work to support the Peirce Community! The Annual Appeal, Mystery Dinner ticket sales, and Peirce Directory advertising are the three primary sources of our funding. This year (the 2022-23 school year), the Peirce PTO projects it will spend a total of $51,968 (about $217 per student) on:
- Creative Arts & Sciences programs (3 enrichment programs for all students in each grade plus a school-wide concert)
- Technology purchases for the building and classrooms (e.g., projectors, document cameras, charging carts)
- Direct Support to our Teachers & Principal (e.g., stipends to offset the cost of supplies)
- Educational Enrichment Initiatives (e.g., the Understanding Our Differences program, library books)
- Community Events & Programs (e.g., Back to School Picnic, Multicultural Night, Family Dance)
- Other School Support (e.g., teacher & staff appreciation and grounds clean-up efforts)
- The PTO’s Operating Budget (While powered exclusively by volunteers, the PTO is an independent nonprofit organization and requires a small operating budget for accounting software, the website, insurance, and the like.)
- Community Support Fund (helps offset school-related or emergency expenses for Peirce families in need)
The Peirce Mystery Dinner, directory advertising, and other smaller sources of revenue such as merchandise sales, are expected to generate a total of $16,985. This leaves a gap of $34,983 (about $146 per student) to raise by March 31, 2023 to support this school year’s budget and ensure the long-term sustainability and financial health of the PTO. For more details regarding the 2022-23 forecast, please click here and/or contact PeircePresidents@gmail.com with any questions.
If your family can, please consider giving to the Annual Appeal. Any contribution is appreciated and every child at Peirce benefits from the money raised. All donations are 100% tax-deductible.
Ways To Donate:
- Check: Peirce School PTO (mail to 170 Temple St., West Newton, MA 02465)
- Venmo: @Peirce-Treasurer
- Zelle: PeirceTreasurer@gmail.com
Thanks so much for your consideration! We are grateful for the generosity and support of the Peirce community.
Andrea Merin & Erica Chamberlain, PTO Fundraising Co-Chairs
Rielle Montague Barnes, PTO President
- Spanish: Si necesita traducir este documento, utilice https://translate.google.com/?hl=en
- Portuguese: Se você precisa deste documento traduzido, por favor use https://translate.google.com/?hl=en
- Ukrainian: Якщо вам потрібен переклад цього документа, використовуйте: https://translate.google.com/?hl=en
- Arabic: إذا كنت بحاجة إلى ترجمة هذا المستند ، فاستخدم https://translate.google.com/?hl=en