Dear NPS Families,
During the School Committee meeting on September 7th, it was announced that Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, HYA, has been selected to assist the School Committee in the search for our district’s next Superintendent. We are excited to begin the search in earnest and we need your help!
The Newton School Committee is seeking volunteers to serve on the Superintendent Search Committee. If you are interested in serving on the Search Committee, please complete the form linked below. Here are a few important pieces of information about serving on the committee:
- The committee will have representatives from the following communities: NPS administration, NPS educators, NPS families, NPS students and general members of the Newton community.
- The committee is charged with working with the consultant to develop the profile of the new superintendent (through feedback from all stakeholders), vetting candidates, and selecting finalists.
- The committee requires a minimum commitment of 20 hours in meetings from October – February. Additional meeting time may be required. Participants will also be asked to read materials in advance of meetings.
- Participants will be required to maintain strict confidentiality of all information discussed throughout the process.
- Meetings will be held both in person and virtually and will be held sometime between the hours of 4:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (times are yet to be determined.)
- The first meeting of the search committee is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, October 18, 2022.
We ask that you please confirm that you are able to meet the time commitment required of this committee prior to applying for the position.
Please know that if you are not selected to serve on the committee or you do not have the time available, there will be multiple opportunities for you to provide feedback and input on the selection of the next superintendent. Stakeholder groups and surveys over the next few months will provide you with the opportunity to share your thoughts and ideas with the Newton School Committee.
Please submit the form indicating your interest in serving on the committee by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 12, 2022. Here is the form:
Family Form – Superintendent Search Committee
Please be aware that all submissions are considered part of the public record.
Thank you for your partnership and we look forward to working with you to select our next superintendent.
Newton School Committee